We currently have data from the United States Geological Survey (USGS) Landsat 5, 7 and 8 for five countries: Tanzania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Kenya. We also use provisional Landsat data for the entire continent for our Water Observations from Space (WOfS) product.
Landsat 5,7 and 8
- Data type: Surface reflectance
- Data timespan: April 1984 – December 2019
- Available regions: Tanzania, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Ghana and Kenya
- Spatial resolution: 30 × 30 m (size of one pixel)
- Temporal resolution: 16 days (one flyover every 16 days by each satellite, or approximately twice a month)
- Spectral resolution: 7 spectral bands — Coastal/Aerosol, Blue, Green, Red, Near-Infrared, Short Wavelength Infrared 1, Short Wavelength Infrared 2