Digital Earth Africa aims to improve the lives of people across the African continent by translating Earth observations into insights that will support sustainable development.
Our platform and services enable African governments, industry and decision makers to track changes across the continent in unprecedented detail. This provides valuable insights for better decision making across many areas, including flooding, drought, soil and coastal erosion, agriculture, forest cover, land use and land cover change, water availability and quality, and changes to human settlements.
We are built on partnerships with African governance and in-country expertise to create sustained capability development in Africa. Digital Earth Africa is working with the African and international community to ensure that Earth observation data is analysis ready, rapidly available and readily accessible to meet the needs of our users.
Digital Earth Africa has partnered with South African National Space Agency to establish a Program Management Office situated in South Africa, Gauteng, Pretoria. The following opportunity exists within the Program Management Office to be filled by an individual with the relevant skills, drive, competencies, qualifications.
Appointments to the DE Africa Program Management Office will be on a short to medium term contractual basis subject to renewal based on performance and budget availability.
12 Months Fixed-Term Performance-Based Contract
Reporting to the Managing Director (MD), the Executive Assistant will be responsible for the effective management of the Office of the DE Africa MD and provide administrative and secretarial support to the DE Africa MD. Responsibilities will include but not limited to;
- Managing and maintaining the MD's schedule, including diary management, organising meetings, tracking and monitoring email correspondence to the MD;
- Taking minutes in meetings;
- Making travel arrangements for the MD;
- Preparing invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, or presentation software;
- Coordinating and directing office services, such as records, departmental finances, budget preparation, personnel issues, and housekeeping;
- Reviewing submissions to the MD’s office for compliance such as inclusion of all supporting documents; and
- Answering phone calls and directing calls to appropriate parties and / or taking messages on behalf of the MD.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum National Diploma in Office Management or equivalent related qualification (National Qualification Framework Level 6);
- 3 to 5 years’ secretarial and administrative experience at a senior / top management level;
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos;
- Moderate knowledge of MS Office Suite - Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook (Moderate);
- Working knowledge of Google G-suite;
- Ability to write simple correspondence; and
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organisation.
Key areas of responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Administrative and secretarial support;
- Coordination of meetings;
- Travel coordination;
- Stakeholder relations.
Please NOTE that the appointment will be on a level commensurate with qualifications, experience and skills. Background verification, including criminal record, credit checks, security clearances, qualification and citizenship checks as well as competency assessment and psychometric testing, may form part of the selection process.
DE Africa reserves the right to not make an appointment.
DE Africa subscribes to the principles of Employment Equity and welcome applications from all persons with disabilities . Preference will be given to candidates in accordance with this.
Closing date: 4th April 2022
Should you meet the above requirements, please register your detailed CV and cover letter at DE Africa Executive Assistant (12 Months Fixed-Term Performance-Based Contract) South African National Space Agency (SANSA) (skillsmapafrica.com) Communication will only be conducted with short-listed candidates. If applicants have not heard from us within 4 weeks of the closing date, they must assume that their applications were unsuccessful.
Apply here: DE Africa Executive Assistant (12 Months Fixed-Term Performance-Based Contract) South African National Space Agency (SANSA)